Even if you are not consciously aware of it, the primary goal of your business website is to generate sales leads. A sales lead occurs when an interested party visits your website and undertakes a desired action; making a phone call, completing a form, purchasing a product etc.
In this article we will try to help you launch a lead generation campaign without spending too much money. Target your campaign in two major locations: within your website and outside your website.
Start with what you can do within your website
Before you announce your business, make sure that your website has enough reasons for your leads to stay. Here are some examples that you can do to achieve this:
– Determine your customers and style your website accordingly. How can you present your website so customers are interested in your business? Use specific keywords in your site content so your website gets easily located whenever a potential lead does a local search.
– Make your contact information prominent across your website. By making your contact information clear, especially your physical address, your site visitors will consider you legitimate and will not be afraid to deal business with you.
– Ensure security and build a mailing list for your site visitors. Your site visitors will be less likely to hesitate in completing a form, or a subscribing to a mailing list if they trust you. Offer to inform your customers of discounts, exclusive tips, and other special offers if they sign up.
– Make a conversion form that is short and discrete. No one wants to fill up a long form so make it short. Through a website CMS you should be able to change your form over time.
– Create surveys and ask customers of their preferences and opinions. This way you will know your customers better and they will think you are really serious about their concerns. This can eventually lead to site repeat visits and valuable referrals.
Now you are ready to broadcast your websites existence
After securing your website for functionality, you are now ready to launch an off-site (outside your website) lead generation campaign. Here are some tips to follow:
– Visit the websites your customers are visiting and identify what methods they are using for offsite promotion. You can also contact the site owner and request to exchange links or banners for free advertising.
– Write and publish articles about your website. Write well-written articles about your business or website and publish them in popular article directories. Do not forget to include your website URL.
– Consider PPC (Pay-Per-Click) if budget permits. Google Adwords Management allows businesses to place ads on Googles search results pages. This is not free because you pay for every click on your ad but it will result in visitors.
Remember that these are just some of many things you can do to increase your leads. If you have questions about any of these methods or want to know more techniques, please feel free to contact us. We are a website design company and online marketing that specialises in helping business maximise lead generation through their website.